Sunday, March 29, 2015

Flexing My Fitness Family Muscles



Being active has always been a major part of my life.  From climbing trees to chasing cattle, swimming in the creek to wrestling my father, I always sought a physical means of exertion.  As a youngster I associated activity as play.  As a teenager I covered up my insecurities by developing my muscles on the bench and curl bar.  It felt good to feel attractive.  And as a young adult being active lead into a career in Fitness.

The WHY I am active has shifted over time--from play, to becoming more secure, to embracing a lifestyle of health, to providing for my family.  As I've become more responsible in life, now a father and husband, I feel obligated to be proactive with my health and wellness, and to provide an environment of health for my family.  The six pack abs have been replaced with new muscles of focus.  Muscles of my heart and soul, to love my family in ways I never imagined, and muscles of my character, to become a leading example for my daughter as she grows.

I'm now flexing my Fitness Family Muscles.

Like any new regime it's tough as hell in the beginning.  My wife and I confide in one another often, reminding ourselves of how lucky we are, no matter the overwhelming nature of it all.  Being first time parents is like becoming a Navy Seal overnight.  Nothing can ever prepare you; and yet we are always ready.  And when we find ourselves head underwater, fatigued, stretched thin emotionally, we always pull through, we always survive.





4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete